Monday, June 9, 2008

8 Years!

Well today marks year number eight with the best man in the world. I can't believe that I am so blessed to call Ryan my hubby. I saw this tag on my cousins blog and thought that it would fit perfectly today.

1. Where did you meet? The first time I saw Ryan was in the church foyer at my brother's welcome home. It was just like a movie, where everyone else gets real fuzzy except for "the one". (I know, way cheesy, but true)
2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? All I could think was, "I hope that he is one of Matt's friends and is coming over to our house!"
3. Do you remember what he was wearing? White dress shirt and khakis. Later he changed into some wranglers, and I must admit that I was caught way off guard. I remember a conversation that I had with Carly, where I told her that I would never date anyone who wore wranglers. I guess God has a sense of humor, and I will admit I think they are cute now.
4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? On the corner of the houseboat down at Lake Powell.
5. How did he ask you out? We were eight hours apart (me in Cedar and Ryan in Rexburg, so we only got to call each other.
6. Where did you go for your first date? Ryan drove down to Cedar to visit for the weekend, and we went out on a double with my brother. We built a campfire and roasted marshmellows, and of course snuggled and kissed.
7. How long did you know this person before you became a couple? It was pretty intense from the very first second (at least for me), but I don't think that it was very long for him either. The first time that we said the "M" word, was on my birthday.
8. Has this person ever proposed to you? I guess you could say that we proposed to each other. On October 10th, we were laying out on the tramp in Idaho, and I said, "Let's just get married and stop talking about it." So then we set a date. Later on in November he came down to my dance concert, and in front of the whole audience came up on the stage and proposed before my concert. It was elaborate and public, and perfect in every way. I have it on film and it was played repeatedly on the local college news station.
9. Do you and this person have kids together? Three wonderful beautiful children, all of which remind me of Ryan in there own separate ways.
10. Have you ever broken the law together? Not unless you count speeding.
11. When was the first time you realized you liked this person? Right away, but the moment I knew that I was going to marry him, was only the second day that I saw him. I was playing flag girl for him while he was water skiing, and I just heard a voice say, "You are going to marry him." It was so loud that I almost looked around to see who said it. I must say, I was taken quite by surprise.
12. Do you get along with this person ex's? I don't think that he has any.
13. What's the most expensive thing this person has given you? Rylee, she cost $39,000 in hospital bills before we could bring her home. (Good thing for insurance)
14. Where do you see each other in 15 years from now? Kids grown up, one still on a mission another in high school. Retired and playing every day, and living life to the fullest extent possible.
15. Wedding date? June 9, 2000
16. Wedding day memories? My whole life I wanted a garden reception, and the whole week prior to our wedding was nice, but it was supposed to rain on our day. I prayed and asked that if I had any blessings in store that they would come on our wedding day and it would be nice for our reception. While in the sealing room a major storm came through the city and there was lightning and thunder like crazy. The sealer said, "I hope you don't have an outside reception planned." I wanted to cry, but by the time we were sealed and out onto the temple grounds, the rain had stopped and it was overcast. (this was perfect for photos because the rain scared everyone away and no one was squinting) Later, at the reception the sky was blue and there was not a cloud in it. I guess I did have a few blessings in store and I was so thankful for them. The day was perfect, and everything was just how I always hoped and dreamed it would be. It was a perfect start to an incredible life with the man that I love.

I love you Ryan, and hope you know that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

4 comments:

Kerryne said...

Happy Anniversary Talya and Ryan!

J and Ris said...

How exciting! J & I will celebrate 12 years in 2 weeks!

Abbie&Trevor said...

Im so glad you did this blog. It is so fun to read all the fun details. You too make such a great couple and your kids are just so stinkin cute. Happy 8th anniversary

cAsSy said...

I remember you showing me the video of the proposal! So much fun! I'm 5 years behind you! We'll be there in time. Congrats!