Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Definition of Love


So the last few days I have been thinking about what makes real lasting love. Is it the never ending display of affection, the gifts that show up on special occasions, the times when he listens to your crazy thoughts, the electricity that screams through your body when you realize he is yours? Or could it possibly also include being willing to do something most unpleasant?
Two days ago it was our anniversary and Ryan came home from work two hours earlier than he told me he would. He came home to help me clean the house for the babysitter so that he could take me away for the night. I was thrilled. A night with just him, and just for fun. We settled in the babysitter and went on our way to dinner. We had a nice private booth with a great waitress at a restaurant in Layton, called Corbin's Grille. Then we headed off to see a movie. After the movie he took me up to Huntsville to a small bed and breakfast at a historical home. It was all such a wonderful evening. Later on in the morning, around 5 am, I awoke to an awful stomach ache. I was very nauseated,cramping, and had a horrendous headache. I had been poisoned by the seafood I ate for dinner. (ps don't go to Corbins) We had to leave the hotel early so I could have a comfortable place to throw up. This sickness continued all day and ended up with me throwing up for the last time into the bathroom sink, which ended up clogging it.
This is where I found out that true love happens in the bathrooms. Ryan quietly came to my rescue and told me to go lie down and that he would take care of it. He cleaned up my puke and put me to bed. That my friends, is the definition of true love.

7 comments:

Carly said...

Good call. I knew he was a good guy!

Clarissa Meegan said...

That definitely is true love. Glad you're feeling better now! And Happy Anniversary!

Kerryne said...

Wow... you really are loved! lol! What a sad way to have to spend your anniversary but I am glad you are feeling better now and glad that you had a great guy there to take care of you!

Anonymous said...

Ryan you are the best! Perfect in everyway for my daughter. Thanks for loving her! I couldn't have handpicked anyone better myself than you for her. I love you!

Lindsay Kay said...

Great insight! Sorry about the sickies! Yuck! Matt did that on our honeymoon. I can't believe that it has been 8 years! Amazing how time goes by!

Deann H said...

So true!
Matt did the same for me when I was pregnant. You made me remember that and tear up. :)

Ashleigh said...

hi, how are you! long time no see. sounds like your hubby is super sweet. how have things been? my blog is private so email me so i can add you and we can keep in touch. ashleighbennett@comcast.net
talk to you soon
ashleigh (garner)