Okay, so I know that I have probably been the world's worst blogger for the last month, and I am sorry. In the coming days I will try to post some photos and thoughts about what has been happening in our neck of the woods, but for tonight this is all that will be coming.
The title of my post has to do with something that my Grandpa said to me two Christmas's ago. I was pregnant with Rylee and we were at a Holiday dinner. Before we left, my grandpa said to everyone that, "all who were pregnant would have to let him know what species their child was when they found out." Of course we all started chuckling because he had said species instead of sex. He had no idea what mistake he had said, but it became something cute to remember when I think of him.
So to continue with the story...The first of July Ryan and I were planning on going up to Island Park with our family for a vacation. A few days prior to this I started not sleeping very well and generally feeling kind of blah. Well I was awake at 3 am the morning that we were supposed to leave and knew that I couldn't wait any longer, I had to have a question answered. So I grabbed the truck keys (It was hitched to a trailer and I had never pulled anything before, but I figured 3 am was a pretty good time to learn.) snuck out of my house, and high-tailed it to Walmart. There I purchased an amazing piece of science. A pee-stick.
Yep, it had two lines. But then one disappeared, so I didn't say anything to Ryan yet. We got into our truck and headed to Island Park. After another 2 days of not starting my period, I bought another pack. This was the same story. Two pink lines, 10 minutes later 1 pink line. I did finally tell Ryan and we decided that I should probably call the doctor.
A phone call to Machel, my doctor, instructed me to come back down to Ogden because she couldn't believe it either. Number Two pregnancy on an IUD. I don't know what percentage this puts me in but I am pretty sure that it is nearing 1:1,000,000.
So now you know and in answer to the question of what species it is. It is another girl. Two boys and two girls. By the words of my mother-in-law, "You couldn't get it more perfect than that if you ordered them out of a catalog."
Oh yeah, for all you curious folks, She is due sometime before March 12 and I am 15 weeks along.
15 comments:
Congratulations again! I'm so excited for you!
Congrats tayla on the news. We are happy for you.
hooray for baby #4!
Congrats. EEks I have an IUD I better not get pregnant!! Thats so awesome your having another girl, Rylee will love that.
congrats! how are you feeling? we missed you on saturday.
Wow, congrats! You have me scared to death though. My IUD has been in for almost 5 years (November) and I am thinking I better cut the husband off! :)
How exciting though! I will be in Utah end of October, it would be great to get together with you girls while I am there. What do you say?
yeah!! I was hoping it would be a girl! Everyone will now have a best friend! We missed you sat. I will call you soon! Love, sherry
I have to say that's a little funny. God must really be needing you to have those last two girls. Thanks so much for the sweet comment on our blog I really appreciate the support. Best of luck with the pregnancy.
I am shocked. You are still skinny! That's so exciting. I'm happy for you.
How perfect will that be! We had that until we messed it up this year! I'm excited for you! We need to come and visit you soon! We are coming down in October! Maybe we can come and visit you then. I hope you are feeling good now! Take care of yourself and keep us posted!
WOW! So IUD's aren't the way to go for you huh? Dang gina! I'm excited for you! I can't wait to see you soon!
Congratulations! That really is exciting. I hope that all goes well with your pregnancy. No itching. Anyway, let me know if you need anything. I hope you are feeling alright
Congrats!! I'm excited for you and your family!!
I'm sure you are wondering who this random stranger is commenting on your blog...but I found you through Heather and I was just wondering....seriously 2 IUD babies? I have one too and have all of a sudden been hearing of a lot of people getting pregnant with them....I'm wondering if its not as reliable as we all think it is?
cute family and cute blog btw
leslie
We are stalkers yes, we googled you and we are so glad!! Congrats on baby #4. You must really be meant to be a busy mom. So We probably wouldn't have even known you were going to have another baby till next summer in island park when she would be like four months old. (that is how we found out about Rylee) anyway congrats we will probably blog stalk you again soon.
Weston & Mandi wesnmandi.blogspot.com
Post a Comment