Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shoes and Stairs.....

So the last 24 hours have been interesting to see the new developements in my children that I have to now deal with. Last night Rylee figured out how to climb stairs, it only took about 3 minutes and she was off. For those first three minutes she would climb up and down the landing at the bottom and she must have gotten bored of that because the next thing that I knew, she was half way up. Well I promply grabbed her, which she then thought was a game, and as soon as I put her down she was up the stairs again. I need to now spend some time forcing her to go down the stairs backwards and not turn around and giggle, because I caught her doing that and had to stop her from falling.
Now to Tyler... Thinking that I needed my child to look presentable at school, I banned an old yucky pair of shoes to become "play shoes" and told him that he needed to wear the new ones to school and then he could change when he got home. What I didn't know is that a 4 year old can be kind of sneaky, and for the second time this morning I found his old shoes in his backpack so that he could change at school. One clue to look in his pack, was that he was trying to keep it away from me) Can pre-schoolers minds really work that way? Amazing, and to think what I am going to be dealing with later in life.......

2 comments:

Erica said...

HAHA sounds like your kids are turning into little Talya's!! But they are so cute! Please don't remind me of what I did when I was little, I don't want to think what Keagan will be capable of!

Carly said...

let's be honest, both you AND erica are in trouble!!