Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pink Princess Panties!

Since my close friends and family know that I have no control over my oldest daughter, (she has been in charge of her schedule from the moment that she was born) it should come as no shock what she decided to do today. A week ago, we picked out some "Pink Princess Panties" (you must say that in a very loud, almost screaming voice because that is how Rylee would say it whenever it was brought up) to get her ready to potty-train. Mostly I bought them on the slim chance that I would want to potty-train her, because at the moment, it just hasn't been something that I want to do. Well,apparently today was the day, because she got them out of her drawer and came and told me that she wanted to wear them. You can't fight her.
So all day long we have been huddling around the bathrooms listening with anticipation the first tinkling in the potty. And all day long she would sit there for five or so minutes, say she was done, get her Pink Princess Panties on again and then within two minutes pee on my floor. Luckily, we have mostly hardwood and travertine on the main level, so it is easier to clean up. But still no fun. Well after the 10th pair of underwear, she finally went. I could tell another accident was waiting to happen, so I kept her on the potty until she couldn't hold it any longer. I am pretty sure that I was more excited than she was, and might have scared her a bit by my scream of relief. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier and more will actually make it into the potty. Here's to hoping, and to many cans of anti-bacterial spray.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh isn't potty training just the best!? Bekah has been working on that area lately as well. She even pooped a little in the potty a couple of days ago! Oh the excitement we had in our home! :)

Carly said...

Oh, I love her!

sherry said...

yeah!!! I was wondering where you were today and now I know you were cleaning up wet messes! Pink Princess Panties are the best!!! -sherry

Carly said...

Ok, so I have to keep reading this over and over because it makes me laugh so much! Oh, I miss your kids. Thanks for making me slightly homesick, but laugh hysterically all to myself at the same time. And YES. This IS my second comment on this post. No worries.

Tyson and Jennifer said...

Hooray for princess panties--and antibacterial sprays!! :D

vickersfam said...

oh, the joys of potty-training! In answer to your question, yes I’d love to get together! We’re not way close, but I still want to see you and I’m sure our kids would have fun together. What’s your email address? Mine is natalievickers at gmail dot com. Thanks and I hope to hear from you again soon!