Tuesday, November 11, 2008
The Crazy Christmas Lady
So yes, this is my title. I have now succeeded in putting up my Christmas trees with only the kids ornaments to go. My basement is decorated in Santa's and Snowmen and the upstairs soon to be decked out with all my nativities. What can I say....I love Christmas!!!!!!!!! In fact, more than the actual day of Christmas, I love the season of Christmas. The sounds have already found a place in my CD player, and my children are busy filling out their lists. What a joyous time to celebrate such a incredible miracle. I love just about everything about it. The sounds, the lights, the smells, the gift wrapping, the family get-togethers, the children's anticipation, the spirit of giving, the sense that Christ is near, everything. It takes just about all of my control to keep myself from totally skipping Halloween and jumping right into the red and gold that I love to decorate in. So yes, I am the crazy Christmas lady, who gets it from her mother, and I will soon be posting photos of my kids handiwork at the tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I find it interesting that you used to agree with your husband when you were a teenager and I was putting up Christmas! Now look at you. The first sign of a snowflake and the Christmas music is playing. Our tree is coming out after the baby shower. Love you! I gotta figure out how to get my Festival poster on my blog.
Post a Comment